Welcome to kindykarate.com.au. This website is owned and operated by OKUKAN. OKUKAN is our parent dojo. By visiting our website and accessing the information, resources, services, products, and tools we provide, you understand and agree to accept and adhere to the following terms and conditions as stated in this policy (hereafter referred to as ‘Membership Agreement’).
1) As a member of Kindy Karate and OKUKAN karate, you agree to these terms and conditions, including the dojo code. Where members are children, this agreement also extends to their parents/guardians.
2) Members will make an effort to follow the code of conduct (Dojo Kun).
3) Members understand that all content and materials available on kindykarate.com.au, including but not limited to text, graphics, website name, code, images and logos are the intellectual property of Kindy Karate, and are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. Any inappropriate use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display or transmission of any images or content on this site is strictly prohibited, unless specifically authorised by Kindy Karate.
4) Members understand that they are solely responsible for, and Kindy Karate will not be liable for, any consequences, losses, or damages that we may directly or indirectly incur or suffer due to any unauthorised activities conducted by you, as explained above, and may incur criminal or civil liability.
5) Members will not teach karate publicly or privately unless with the explicit authorization of Sensei Sandra Contreras.
6) Members completely understand that karate can be a dangerous sport. Any member participates in training and activities associated to the practice of karate at their own risk. The member or his/her representatives hereby absolves and indemnifies Okukan, coaches and other students from all liability arising from injury, death or damage however caused, including by the negligence of the indemnified, arising out of any activity carried on by the indemnified.
7) All classes are subject to venue availability.
8) We reserve the right to close a class due to small numbers and to reallocate enrolled members in a class at a different time and/or location.
9) We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove parts of this Membership Agreement, at any time. It is your responsibility to check this Membership Agreement periodically for changes.Your continued training/active membership following the posting of changes to this Membership Agreement will mean that you accept and agree to the changes.
10) On the day of enrolment and each time you or your child uses our dojo, you promise us that:
– you/your child are in good physical condition
– you know of no medical or other reason why you/your child cannot or should not do active or passive exercise
11) We reserve the right to refuse membership to any individual without explanation.
Decisions and actions at Kindy Karate contribute to a safe environment placing great importance on the safety of students. We ensure instructors keep valid accreditation with the Australian Sports Commission. Our training venues are always equipped with a first aid kit and injury record forms to manage accidents.
- Memberships are lifetime but can be cancelled at anytime by Kindy Karate or OKUKAN if deemed necessary or appropriate. If membership is cancelled, monthly tuition will also be ceased.
- Membership is offered at Sensei Sandra’s discretion. We retain the right to refuse membership or to cancel membership on grounds of bad/disrespectful behaviour by the student(s) and/or parent(s).
- Members are not entitled to refunds of the membership fee.
- Members are not entitled to refunds of tuition.
- Members are only eligible to train if they have no outstanding fees.
- Members are only eligible to grade or stripe if they have no outstanding fees.
- Tuition is charged on a four-weekly cycle, four weeks in advance (ie. 28 days in advance).
- Tuition will start on the date of the first lesson (selected on the enrolment form).
- Tuition is calculated over our annual teaching period between January and December, and takes into account all public holidays and scheduled karate-events appearing in our yearly training calendar.
- We do not refund, roll-over, run additional classes or allow students to join other classes to make up for any classes they have missed. Sensei will allow makeup lessons only if she fails to deliver her regular classes.
- Tuition excludes our annual break over Christmas/New Year when classes are not delivered. Tuition will be stopped over this time.
- In the unlikely event a student fails to attend class for some time and is uncontactable, we will cancel their tuition on their behalf and notify them by email.
Kindy Karate and OKUKAN does not conduct classes on Public Holidays.
To cancel, please contact us via email initially. We will provide you with a link to our online cancellation form. We require 14 days notice of cancellation.
If you have any questions or comments about our Terms of Service as outlined above, you can contact us at: [email protected] This agreement is in effect as of 2015.